THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ATTENDED YPAHD DAY 2017!
NOVEMBER 18, 2017: KELOWNA, TORONTO AND MONCTON
Across the country, youth aged 14-35 gathered to learn about using social media to build awareness and generate funds, discussed grief and guilt, practiced different care strategies, heard the latest in research updates, and thought about event planning during the round table discussions.
YPAHD Day 2017 was brought to you by:
Have questions about a future YPAHD Day? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Youth-Led Events
In the past, YPAHD members have organized some unique and impactful events such as:
- educational events with guest speakers including HD researchers,
- Yoga therapy sessions for HD patients,
- online auction fundraisers,
- local fundraisers including comedy nights, pub nights, bowling, marathons, hikes, sports tournaments, and fishing derbies.
To get inspired or get information on an event happening near you, check out our upcoming events page.
YPAHD is making HUGE difference in the HD Community! During 2017 alone:
- There were 21 youth-organized events, representing about 20% of all HSC fundraisers!
- The YPAHD Champion Challenge raised nearly $6,000!
- Youth directly helped raise over $92,000 (including the money raised through the Champion Challenge)!
Way to go YPAHD!! Let’s see how much we can raise together in 2018!
Happy event planning!