Here are some ways you might be able to make a difference and contribute to our cause:
• Help out at a YPAHD event (volunteer on that day)
• Solicit donations and prizes for fundraising events
• Consider a position on the YPAHD executive
• Promote participation in YPAHD events
• Represent YPAHD at local chapter events
• Become a youth mentor
• Tell someone about HD
Interested in joining the YPAHD Executive Committee? Here are descriptions of the various positions:
- Point of contact for the Huntington Society of Canada (HSC).
- Touch base with other support networks for youth that exist (NYA and HDYO)
- Recruit potential people who would make good mentees or mentors and continue to help grow the program.
- Co-chair and coordinates the annual YPAHD Day(s)
- Aids in decision making and implementing plans and strategies.
- Works with the executive team to ensure all levels are doing their roles.
- Calls into NCAG Call when President unavailable
- Live streams (Facebook) at events when available i.e. YPAHD day
- Takes notes from each meeting and distributes to mailing list
- Maintains email list
- Identifying action items and summarizes topics discussed.
- Sends out agenda and notice of all upcoming YPAHD calls to email distribution list
- Leads the advocacy team to promote and recruit young people affected by HD to find support
- Point of contact for President, VP and Peer executives.
- Shares new information with the team and come up with strategies to reach people that are still ‘alone’ in this fight
- Promotes the Mentorship program and provide information to those interested
- Liaison with HSC on upcoming training sessions or seeking new participants.
- Recruits/markets ways to get new mentees/mentors to be part of the program
- Promote all HDYO events, opportunities and news
- Ensure people know about the ways HDYO provides support – HDYO land, camp, etc.
Fundraising and Events Executive
- The point of contact for people to reach out to and bounce ideas off of.
- Collects information about upcoming events from all chapters and promote them throughout our YPAHD world.
- Promote all YPAHD events to chapters – share information, support each other.
HSC Board Executive
- Sits on the HSC board to represent YPAHD.
- Share our news and updates with them, and share the board news and updates with YPAHD.
- Attend quarterly board meetings.
Social Media Executive
- Point of contact for President and other executives for promotion and relaying messages of plans and upcoming opportunities.
- Reviews information before implementation or posting if concerned with content.
- Monitor social media outlets for spam and inappropriate material.
- Responsible for posting and promoting on behalf of YPAHD. Monitor the Facebook group for anything inappropriate and remove and report.
- Share posts from other identities on Facebook and relevant websites – i.e. HDBuzz, HSCHappenings, HSC.
- Posts pictures via Instagram on behalf of YPAHD.
- Update the YPAHD website as required.
- Come up with ways to constantly improve
If you are interested in getting involved, contact us.